An oldie but good-y. This list is about 15 years old, way-before digital took over…it’s time for a new list, so while we are thinking about that, here is the old school list…and spark a few memories for those who lived through tape based editing.
TOP TEN LIES CLIENTS TELL THEIR EDITORS:
10. It’s pretty simple. It should only take an hour..
9. Budget? Don’t worry about it.
8. Feel free to be creative with this..
7. I only need a couple of dubs….
6. The client will love it! They won’t make any changes..
5. I’m positive we’ve got that shot on another tape..
4. I’ve never had this problem anywhere else I’ve edited..
3. Could I see it just one more time..
2. I thought you’d be able to just paint it out..
1. How hard can it be?